Nominations Open for Excellence in Historic Preservation Awards Spring 2017
Preservation Dayton, Inc. (PDI) is accepting nominations for outstanding individuals businesses, or organizations that have contributed to PDI’s mission to promote, protect, and enhance greater Dayton’s architectural heritage, its setting, and its contributions to the region’s quality of life. Awards will recognize and celebrate historic preservation leaders in the following categories:
- Dayton historic neighborhoods—Recognizes an outstanding preservationist in each of Dayton’s officially designated historic neighborhoods
- At-large—Outstanding preservationist(s) for the greater Dayton region
- Life time achievement—A major contributor to preservation causes over multiple decades
Please submit nominations no later than Monday, May, 1 2017 by email: or postal mail: preservatondaytoninc.@gmail.com
Preservation Dayton, Inc. P.O. Box 3614 Dayton, Ohio 45401.
Criteria: Each award recognizes creative, inspirational leaders whose efforts have contributed to the protection, renovation, and revitalization of historic neighborhoods, individual structures, or strengthened the historic preservation movement or the quality of life in Dayton’s historic communities. Awards may celebrate neighborhood and community leaders, business owners and businesses, nonprofit organizations, government leaders, journalists and other dedicated individuals who have succeeded in protecting Dayton’s historic architecture and built environment.
Reception and Awards Recognition Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:30–8 p.m.—Awards presented 7-7:30 p.m.
Requarth Co., 447 East Monument Avenue, 45402
Questions? Contact email@example.com 937.234.7904
The nominations will be announced on the Preservation Dayton, Inc. website, Facebook group, Next Door groups, and distributed to the media. A link to the nomination form is available on the PDI website and will be included in the announcements www.preservationdayton.com
Let’s Protect Dayton’s Legacies
Join Preservation Dayton today!
May is National Historic Preservation Month
Here’s Your Chance to Support Preservation Initiatives in Dayton!
Preservation Dayton, Inc. has advocated and promoted historic preservation in greater Dayton for nearly 40 years.
Our mission is to promote, protect, and enhance greater Dayton’s architectural heritage, its setting, and its contributions to the region’s quality of life.
We do this by:
- fostering collaboration among Dayton’s unique and vibrant historic neighborhoods and talented preservation leaders
- sharing best practices and expertise of the residents of our historic communities through workshops, urban living expos, networking, and other events
- advocating for policy and legislative initiatives to support historic preservation and renovation
Please sponsor our upcoming Preservation Awards event to recognize our region’s outstanding preservation leaders.
Event sponsors will be recognized at the event at the May 25, 2017 event at Requarth Lumber, on the PDI Facebook site, and on the PDI web site.
Visit Ohio Historic tax Credits and learn about historic tax credit rules and eligibility.