Located in the Wright Dunbar Historic District, at 800 W. Fifth St. Owned by Crawford Convalescent Center.
A group of local black women, including Louise Troy, organized the Women’s Christian Association #2 in 1893. Initially meeting in Eaker Street A.M.E. Church, the organization purchased this building, now on the National Register of Historic Places, in 1909. The WCA #2 became affiliated with the national YWCA organization in 1918. Now located on Dayton-Liberty Road, the west side YWCA holds the distinction of being the oldest operating black YWCA in the country.